[socal-piggies] does this exist? and if so, is it written in python?

Mark Kohler kohler at netrino.com
Tue Jul 18 22:38:05 PDT 2006

I'd like an open-source package that implements something like the Yahoo
Groups functionality. The main features I want is the the ability to easily
set up separate groups of authenticated users who can upload and download each
others files. Other nice features would be a wiki, mailing list, and photo
area. It doesn't need to be fancy, but I'd like it to be secure enough that I
  could put it on the Internet, without having to worry about the machine
getting compromised.

If anyone knows of such a thing, I'd very interested. Otherwise, if you wanted
to make such a thing, would you start with our recently-presented Django, or
TurboGears, or something else?

Mark