[socal-piggies] Weeding out people who can't program

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Fri Jul 14 14:06:06 PDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 02:01:54PM -0700, Chuck Esterbrook wrote:
-> On 7/14/06, Titus Brown <titus at caltech.edu> wrote:
-> > Hi all,
-> >
-> > here's that paper I referenced last night:
-> >
-> > http://www.cs.mdx.ac.uk/research/PhDArea/saeed/paper1.pdf
-> >
-> > --titus
->
-> I wonder if the inconsistent group could be improved by:
-> 1 - Informing them of their status in that group and giving them
-> special assignments to reorient their thinking, and
-> 2 - Teaching a clean, virtual assembly language in place of a high
-> level language

If I'm put in the position of teaching such a course, I'll probably
try a combination of #1, as well as revising the course plan a bit
to try to exercise the lacking skills.

I would, however, teach the course in Python...