[socal-piggies] Python job opportunity

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Thu Sep 15 16:52:48 PDT 2005

The recruiter contacted me directly and asked if she should send the
message directly to the group (I don't know how she found out about our
group). I replied and suggested she send the message to me and I'll
forward it to the group. Since it's a Python-related job, I thought the
members of this group might be interested.

Let me know if you prefer not to get messages like this.

Grig

========================

Amanda Arnett
Foundation Systems, Inc.
415.503.3998 office
415.503.3991 fax

Would you like to apply your Python skills to solve challenging,
real-time problems in the financial and investments markets?

Would you be interested in an opportunity to work for the Strategic
Advisor to the Board of Exchange on Wall Street and the top Crude Oil
Trader in the world today?

We are expanding into other electronic markets in the US and abroad,
and are looking for 15 sharp engineers in the next few months to add to
our trading platform and algorithmic strategy calculation engine.
Through our research, we believe we already have the best in class
systems in the industry but we want to continue to push the envelope.
We have done some prototyping and believe we can use Python to gain
additional speed and performance.

Required qualifications:

    * 3-8 years of systems level development experience for complex,
scalable, high volume transaction systems
    * Built large scale applications using Python
    * Solid understanding of concurrency, i/o, multi-threading, memory
management, distributed computing, fault tolerance, and load balancing
concepts
    * Strong skills in various performance optimization techniques
    * Broad experience with Data Structures and Algorithms
    * Technical agility and curiosity about the next generation of
cutting edge technologies
    * Flexible personalities, adept in operating with ambiguity and
rapid change
    * Very solid work ethics - motivated and passionate about the
success of their company, and driven by the contribution that they can
make
    * Strong communication skills and a good sense of humor

Bonus experience but not required:

    * Contributed to the development of open source development tools
    * Familiar with Core Java (J2SE), JVM, and NIO technologies
    * Built large scale internet servers capable of handling thousands
of simultaneous transactions

Depending on your skill set, you will be designing, developing, and
optimizing various areas of our complete real-time trading systems.
This system consists of an algorithmic trading model that responds to
financial market events, calculates investment opportunities and alerts
our traders for automatic trading options. Or you may contribute to a
trading platform that executes trades directly at the Exchange (vs.
through a broker like Goldman Sachs).  Or you may work on the back
office system that handles financial settlements and reconciliation.
We also have positions for engineers with Strong Core Java (J2SE) and
NIO skills but light Python experience.

This is a rare opportunity for top performers to work with industry’s
sharpest minds, play with the latest technologies, and see your work
come to life in real time, immediately, without management’s
bureaucracy, or contingency on sales reps’ productivity.

We offer above-market base salary and generous bonuses, excellent
benefits, and will relocate candidates to Beverly Hill, CA from
anywhere in the world.

Qualified candidates should:

Email resume to aarnett-resumes at foundationsys.com, referencing your
name and job # 760 on the subject line.

Hint:

Priority will be given to candidates who have included a brief
description in their email indicating why he/she is a good match to
this particular position.

You may follow up with a phone call Amanda @ 415-503-3998 indicating
why you are a good fit for the position as well.  Due to the high
volume of calls, she may not be able to return all of the inquiries,
but she will look at those resumes.  Thanks and happy hunting!