[socal-piggies] Dinner (and dance?): how about Dec. 7th or 8th

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Thu Nov 17 08:49:33 PST 2005

-> > -> We said at our last meeting that we'll try to meet for dinner in
-> > -> December, instead of our normal meeting. Daniel leaves town on
-> > Dec.
-> > -> 10th, so it would be nice to meet earlier than that, so he can
-> > make it
-> > -> too.
-> > ->
-> > -> Let me know which date (Wed. 12/7 or Thu. 12/8) works better for
-> > you.
-> > -> Titus -- any recommendations for a good affordable restaurant in
-> > -> Pasadena?
-> >
-> > I'd slightly prefer Wed (12/7).
-> >
-> > Yes, I have many recommendations ;).  Shall we go with American food,
-> > or
-> > Italian, or Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, or...?  There's a
-> > great
-> > Malaysian place (Thai-like food with very different spices) and also
-> > a
-> > Nepalese place (Indian-like food with very different spices).
-> >
-> > All of them are in the $10-15-per person range.
->
-> Malysian or Nepalese sounds good to me. The more exotic the better :-)

If people are amenable to it, I'd suggest Malaysian solely because of
the layout: if we get 5 or more people, there's a nice circular table
there that we can reserve.

--t