[socal-piggies] Wiki Modification, Projects, Interaction

Steve nix4ever at earthlink.net
Fri May 6 02:24:10 PDT 2005

Lo all,

  I was wondering if there are plans to reorder wiki infos, and or
supplement its functionality, ie perhaps add in a code snippets page,
links page, projects page, otw(off the wall, ie off topic), etc... I
wasn't sure if I could implement a few extra pages and or changes to the
current layout w/out causing waves. I'm also a new member and i'm unsure
about the current group dynamic, are the meetings business like or just
like hanging out, are laptops brought, switches, wireless etc? I'm part
of various *nix users groups and it seems that they range from the
purely social to completely business. Does anyone plan to work on
projects together, or is this going to be all about presentations? Do
you plan to do any python advocacy? I dunno if these questions have come
up yet, or if they've never been touched upon. I'm just try to figure
out where the general goal of the group lie. I dunno if i'll be able to
make the next meeting, so for the time being I plan to use the
mailinglist and wiki for group interaction, although once again I am
available on irc often. iLLf8d, irc.us.freenode.net (if you do checkout
irc, keep in mind its a public forum filled with a bunch of people who
often have no life, ie its not always a "happy" place.) I'm looking
forward to a bit more python interaction.

                                                             Steve
(nix4ever at earthlink dot net)