[socal-piggies] Unit testing book

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Wed Jun 22 07:59:30 PDT 2005

canonical one by Kent Beck. I told him about "Unit testing in Java"
(<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1558608680/qid=1119452036/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-2415099-8084625?v=glance&s=books&n=507846>),
which does a really thorough job in describing ways to unit test GUIs,
databases, Web apps, concurrent and distributed apps, etc. It also
talks about dummy and mock objects. Although it's geared towards Java,
the concepts apply to any programming language that has a unit test
framework, and Python has no less than 3 pretty good ones (unittest,
doctest and py.test).