[socal-piggies] Prizes

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Mon Jul 4 14:46:41 PDT 2005

In celebration of the 4th of July, the 3 people (myself excluded) who
presented so far at the SoCal Piggies meetings get prizes.

The 3 prizes are: a license for the Komodo IDE that I got from Active
State a while ago; a T-shirt from PyCon; the 'Jython Essentials' book
from  O'Reilly.

Running the following short program:

import random
who = ['Daniel', 'Diane', 'Titus']
random.shuffle(who)
what = ['Komodo IDE', 'PyCon T-shirt', 'Jython book']
random.shuffle(what)

for x, y in zip(who, what):
    print "%s gets %s" % (x, y)

produced:

Diane gets Komodo IDE
Daniel gets Jython book
Titus gets PyCon T-shirt

I'll send Diane the license key and I'll give the other items to Daniel
and Titus when I see them next time. (Daniel, if you have the book, let
me know and I'll find something else).

Thanks a lot to all the Piggies who participated in the meetings, the
mailing list, the blog and the wiki. Have a great 4th of July everybody
and see you at our next meetings!