[socal-piggies] Python Meetup ---> SoCal Piggies

Brian Luft brian at tablevision.net
Thu Feb 17 17:10:16 PST 2005

Hi all,

I reclaimed my status as the Santa Monica meetup organizer.  This isn't
meant to usurp the efforts of Grig and Titus but should merely act as a nice
complement to their efforts.  The meetup site offers a lot of nice features
for managing the group and events and is really a no-brainer as far as an
easy way to recruit new members.  I just thought of it because another group
I belong to - Cashflow 101 (see Rich Dad Poor Dad) - merged with an
independent group that was doing the same thing and the result has been
meetings with consistently good turnouts.

It's not really necessary for everyone to signup with Meetup.com, but you
know people are sheep and if they see a decent list of members they might be
more enticed to join in.  Maybe one of you OC snobs ;) wants to be the OC
Python Meetup organizer or I can try to take it if there is no interest.
Then we can take over the Pasadena meetup, the Manhattan Beach meetup, . and
SoCal domination will be ours!

http://python.meetup.com/12/