[socal-piggies] Introduction

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Thu Feb 17 15:03:07 PST 2005

-> Hi Jay, and everyone else.
->
-> I too am lucky enough to be paid for using Python. I work as a
-> Research Assistant in USC's Laboratory for Molecular Robotics, where
-> Python is used as the main language in most of our new development. In
-> my own work, designing software architctures for massively distributed
-> systems of simple agents, I use Python nearly exclusively.

Hi all,

I'm not really paid much, because I'm a graduate student.  I do research
in molecular developmental biology with a focus on gene regulation.  As
part of my research, I've implemented a bunch of bioinformatics
software, and Python glues it all together.

I also regularly yammer away on my development diary,

	www.advogato.org/person/titus

although if you read planetpython you've already seen it ;).

I do a lot of Web and systems programming, most of it in Python
or C/C++.

One of my long-term interests is to figure out how to do distributed
community annotation of genomic data, and to that end I've been thinking
about a community annotation system for the Python docs.  It's something
I'd like to run by all of you when I get it working...

cheers,