[pygr-notify] Issue 120 in pygr: XMLRPC resource for Caenorhabditis brenneri

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Oct 2 00:52:39 PDT 2009

Owner: pygr-bug... at googlegroups.com
Labels: Type-Task Priority-Medium Component-Persistence

New issue 120 by kmdaily: XMLRPC resource for Caenorhabditis brenneri
http://code.google.com/p/pygr/issues/detail?id=120

I was currently building the most recent version of the yeast alignment
available from UCSC (for sacCer2, multiz7way) and was looking through
Uniprot's taxonomy file for the info on Caenorhabditis brenneri. It seems
that the resource that exists for this in the XMLRPC-available version uses
CAEPB as the short name, even though this doesn't exist in the taxonomy
info. I cleared this up with Uniprot, and the name should be CAEBE. So, the
full resource path should be:

Bio.Seq.Genome.CAEBE.caePb2

and

Bio.Seq.Genome.CAEBE.caePb1

The email transcript follows this.

from	Sandrine Pilbout via RT <help at uniprot.org>
sender-time	Sent at 12:44 AM (GMT+02:00). Current time there: 9:45 AM. ✆
reply-to	help at uniprot.org
to	kdaily at uci.edu
date	Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 12:44 AM
subject	[help #44487] Short name for Caenorhabditis brenneri (taxonomy id
135651)

hide details 12:44 AM (1 minute ago)

Dear Kenny Daily,

The information is currently incomplete but this species should appear in
the species list in the coming weeks. The short name will be
CAEBE.
I hope this helps.

Best regards,

-Sandrine Pilbout