[pygr-notify] Issue 89 in pygr: writeback = True option for large memory machine

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri May 8 21:49:09 PDT 2009

Owner: deepreds
CC: marecki,  cjlee112
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Medium

New issue 89 by deepreds: writeback = True option for large memory machine
http://code.google.com/p/pygr/issues/detail?id=89

A few years ago, memory was expensive and most linux machines did not have
large memory.
Thus, in order to reduce memory usage, all shelve files are saved
as "writeback=False". The problem
is that it takes much greater time to generate shelve files rather than
NLMSA.

If we have a large memory machine, we can greatly save time by just
changing writeback=False into
writeback=True. Everything is done in memory and saved once when shelve
closes.

I propose unified option for changing writeback status, from False
(default) to True.