[pygr-notify] Issue 14 in pygr: pygr.Data.dir search improvement

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Feb 18 14:23:43 PST 2009

Updates:
	Owner: marecki
	Cc: marecki deepreds cjlee112

Comment #3 on issue 14 by cjlee112: pygr.Data.dir search improvement
http://code.google.com/p/pygr/issues/detail?id=14

MySQL supports REGEXP queries so in principle that can be executed server
side
instead of client-side as you do it.  Is that worth implementing?  My
impression is
that REGEXP support across different database vendors is spotty:
http://trentrichardson.com/2008/10/23/exploring-various-sql-regex-syntax/

For backwards compatibility, maybe the matchType should default to 'p' for
prefix?

It also strikes me that your method could be generalized easily to search
other
information than just the pygr Data ID, such as the description.  That
would make
this a lot more useful.