[pygr-notify] Issue 67 in pygr: Test Istvan's new setup.py on multiple platforms

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Feb 17 07:35:12 PST 2009

Comment #3 on issue 67 by istvan.albert: Test Istvan's new setup.py on
multiple platforms
http://code.google.com/p/pygr/issues/detail?id=67

One line in setup.py is not needed, the one that added a library.zip file
to pygr
package. I use that internally (on my projects) to add libraries that I
might want to
make use of (like json or yaml parsing) without making it an explicit
prerequisite. I
removed this line from from setup.py (see attached patch that merges both
patches above).

An observation, to generate a version tuple I think you could use something
as simple as:

ver = "%s.%s" % sys.version_info[:2]

rather than:

py_ver_tup = platform.python_version_tuple()
# NOTE: py_ver_tup contains ints in Python 2.6
py_ver_tup = [ str(x) for x in py_ver_tup[:2] ]
ver = ".".join(py_ver_tup)

but I have not tested it for all pythons, seems to work fine in 2.5 though.

Attachments:
	0001-updated-with-Titus-s-corrections.patch  11.7 KB