[pygr-notify] Issue 67 in pygr: Test Istvan's new setup.py on multiple platforms

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Feb 16 14:41:16 PST 2009

Updates:
	Cc: cjlee112 istvan.albert
	Labels: -Type-Defect Type-Enhancement

Comment #1 on issue 67 by the.good.doctor.is.in: Test Istvan's new setup.py
on multiple platforms
http://code.google.com/p/pygr/issues/detail?id=67

I isolated the changes from Istvan's PSU working version and fixed a
problem with
Python2.6.  The attached patches work properly under Python 2.4, 2.5, and
2.6 on
Linux, as well as Python 2.5 on Mac OS X (default install).

This is an excellent set of changes that results in a major simplification
of setup.py.

Note that Istvan's setup.py code does properly detect the lack of Pyrex and
uses C
files, if they're available.

Istvan, if you could double-check everything on Windows I would appreciate
it.  At
the moment I don't have easy access.

Also, I suggest the inclusion of the following helper script somewhere, to
help with
making builds:

## pyx-compile.sh
cd pygr
pyrexc cnestedlist.pyx
pyrexc cdict.pyx
pyrexc seqfmt.pyx

Attachments:
	0001-fixed-python-version-tuple-problem-the-2.6-version.patch  1000 bytes
	0002-added-Istvan-s-simplified-setup.py-and-put-__version.patch  11.2 KB