[pygr-notify] Issue 3 in pygr: Using pygr in Windows (XP or VISTA)

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Aug 21 18:06:09 PDT 2008

Issue 3: Using pygr in Windows (XP or VISTA)
http://code.google.com/p/pygr/issues/detail?id=3

Comment #4 by ti... at idyll.org:
more comments from istvan:

2) easy to fix
3) can't comment because I don't run mysql locally but sounds like a
configuration issue
4) no fix needed, comes from firewall settings
5) and 8) yes, multiple binaries will be needed, I guess we should
build what we can
6) and 7) these are not issues but observations relative to Windows

There are still a few failures due to file handlers not being closed
(and thus remain non-removable in Windows). The rmtree calls maybe
should print warnings rather than raising exceptions for now, until we
track down why each happens.

re # 4, another comment:

4) I think we need to test whether Windows correctly open and close a
specific port. Mac closes a port if there are too many requests on that
specific port. And response time is slower than linux. IMO, assuming that
Windows has a *extremely* huge kernel to make a unified framework for all
platform, there would be some devices which could affect accessing ports. I
haven't tested that in Windows.