[protocols] velvet assembly after partitioning with khmer

Stuart Jones sjones20 at nd.edu
Tue Jun 3 13:10:02 PDT 2014

Hello,
First, thanks so much for khmer and the protocols you have provided!  I am attempting to assemble the genome of a methanogen from paired-end MiSeq data generated from an enrichment culture.  I worked through the metagenome assembly protocol and was able to generate compressed PE and SE group files, but did not run the reinflating partitions steps.  After this, I attempted to assemble one of the PE and SE group files using Velvet and got an error I haven't seen from Velvet before:
">> Please re-order the filenames in yoru command line so as to have the reference sequence files before all the others"

Seen this before?

Thanks,
Stuart

Stuart E. Jones