[ngs] some info on protocol etc for RNA extraction and bioanalyzer results

liz wright lzwright at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 12:50:53 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Dana asked me for a protocol on RNA extraction, and since I have found the
Trizol + Purelink mRNA kit to work quite well, I thought I would pass on to
the rest of you as well.  I am attaching a conglomeration of informative
stuff in one pdf, including representative bioanalyzer traces.  Working
with a tech at NYU Center for Genomics and Structural Biology, have also
used:*Clontech SMARTerTM Ultra Low RNA Kit for Illumina Sequencing*
http://www.illumina.com/applications/sequencing/rna/ultra-low_rna_input.ilmn

If this ultra low kit interests you I have some tips about synthesis of
cDNA from total RNA, in particular the step for adding the oligo! (just let
me know)

Best, Liz