[ngs-2012] ANGUS workshop moves UC Davis for 2017; much expanded.

C. Titus Brown ctbrown at ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 3 09:54:27 PST 2017

Dear alumni,

we are revamping the two week workshop that you took at KBS, and moving it to the University of California, Davis.  We are also expanding it — see below.

NOTE: This is a pre-announcement to get your input and questions, since I know you all and trust you to tell me if something is really non-obvious or broken :).

So, **please wait until Tuesday morning** to forward this on to others.

——

Data Intensive Biology Summer Institute (DIBSI) 2017
http://ivory.idyll.org/dibsi/

The Summer Institute will consist of a number of different workshops:

——

Two-week sequence analysis workshop for biologists! - June 26 to July 8th.

	• Zero-entry - no experience required or expected!
	• Hands-on training in using the UNIX command line to analyze your sequencing data.
	• Friendly, helpful instructors and TAs!
	• Summer sequencing camp - meet and talk science with great people!
	• Now in its eighth year!

Applications will close March 17th.

——

Instructor training! - June 18 to June 25.

	• Hands-on training in good pedagogical practice!
	• Become a certified Software/Data Carpentry instructor!
	• Learn to repurpose and remix online training materials for your own needs!

Applications will close March 17th.

——

Topic specific workshops - July 10 to July 21

We are planning a number of topic specific workshops; watch the Web site or sign up for announcements to track. Or you can give us feedback in advance, here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfcLYvOvg_v-ALK4Rgt6eyrWcPpFYVMhmiiwFdJAaMYPnbI4w/viewform

——

And if you are interested in getting involved in the teaching and training, please see: http://ivory.idyll.org/dibsi/getting-involved.html

best,