[ngs-2012] Intermediate NGS workshop near San Francisco, Feb 8-12, 2016.

C.Titus Brown ctbrown at ucdavis.edu
Wed Dec 16 06:30:02 PST 2015

Hello everyone,

we are running a week of intermediate tutorials at the Bodega Marine Lab, Feb 8-12.  These will follow our “week3” format from this year; for background, see

	angus.readthedocs.org/en/2015/week3.html

and

	ivory.idyll.org/blog/2015-small-batch.html

— essentially, 3 hour tutorials on a variety of topics, delivered by expert instructors.

The instructors & tutorials are:

April Wright, Iowa State: Building phylogenetic trees from RADseq
Jason Williams, Cold Spring Harbor Labs: Exploring Nanopore sequencing in the classroom
Will Trimble, Argonne National Labs: Understanding sequencing data set quality with k-mers
Byron Smith: Automating workflows with ‘make’: an opinionated introduction
Raniere Silva, Software Carpentry: Intermediate version control with git
Kevin Murray, Australian National University: De novo analysis of genotyping by sequencing
Adina Howe, Iowa State: Custom databases for better search and annotation
Jane Charlesworth, Oxford: GWAS with bacterial genomes
Amanda Charbonneau, Michigan State University: Collaborative authoring with overleaf
Jon Badalamenti, University of Minnesota: TnSeq analysis of bacterial genomes

These tutorials won’t be broadcast, but (as usual!) all of the materials will be available.

——

Would you like to join us? It should be fun!

We have about 12 spots available, and students, instructors, or lecturers from the NGS workshops are welcome to come!  We anticipate that the cost will be no more than $250/person, in addition to room and board for the week (~$400). Waivers for course fees are possible; please inquire after signing up.

We would ask you to plan to attend the entire week, starting ~noon Monday Feb 8 and ending ~noon on Friday Feb 12.

SFO is the nearest airport and there is a shuttle to Petaluma, which is pretty close to Bodega; we’ll get you from there.

---

If you can definitely come, OR are interested in signing up but not sure you can come yet, please fill out this form --

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uLdkfOeRm0ksJIik4CePbOkG7ojG7Ju41ilplCmgqpQ/viewform

Signups will be first come, first serve, based first on those who can definitely come & then on those who are interested. We’ll start letting you know by Friday so that you can book flights etc.

best,
—titus