[ngs-2012] What about having an NGS "alumni" week?

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Wed May 14 15:56:23 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I hope you’re doing well!  …remember me?

This year, after the 2014 NGS course, which runs Aug 3-Aug 15, we were thinking of running an alumni week.  The idea would be to get together a group of people to explore their own projects, look through some of the newly available materials, and/or learn how to use/reuse the course materials on their own.  (For those of you who took this course back in 2010, we’ve come a long way ;)

If you’re interested, could you just go add your name etc to this google form, so we can figure out if there are enough people to make it worthwhile, and also why those people would want to come?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1X9jgnJ-w-bt8M8EPzBMLV9hUShWyVt45cRuj0oPfcYg/viewform

The alumni week would be Aug 17-Aug 22nd, and would partially overlap with this microbial ecology course: edamame-course.org - you might be able to go to the lectures, at least.

If there was a fee, it’d mostly be to support snacks, so… $50 or so?  (The basic course and lodging is already supported by the NIH.)

Let me know!

thanks,
—titus

----

Links:

This year’s Web page: bioinformatics.msu.edu/ngs-summer-course-2014

Last year’s tutorials and schedule: ged.msu.edu/angus/tutorials-2013/index.html

khmer protocols: khmer-protocols.readthedocs.org/