[metagenomics-jclub] Metagenomics journal club - Wed 930 PSB271

James Kremer kremerj1 at msu.edu
Tue Jun 1 06:46:37 PDT 2010

Hi all,
I will be presenting at Metagenomics J club tomorrow (Wednesday 6/2) at 9:30AM in PSB 271.
The attached PNAS paper describes a powerful proteomics/metagenomics hybrid approach for the characterization of microbial communities on aerial plant surfaces.  I have also attached a short communication by Johan Leveau from UC Davis that summarizes some implications of this novel method.
Delmotte N, Knief C, Chaffron S, Innerebner G, Roschitzki B, Schlapbach R, Von Mering C, Vorholt J. (2009) Community proteogenomics reveals insights into the physiology of phyllosphere bacteria. PNAS 106(38) 16428-16433

I realize many of you are away this time of year so it might be a smaller group.  But nonetheless, I hope that those in town can still make it out!

James

James M. Kremer
Graduate Assistant
DoE Plant Research Laboratory