[metagenomics-jclub] Metagenomics Journal Club - Wed Nov 4 9:30am

Tracy K. Teal tkteal at msu.edu
Thu Oct 29 12:39:26 PDT 2009

I'll be presenting the attached paper:

"Microbial community profiling for human microbiome projects: Tools,
techniques and challenges"
M. Hamandy and R. Knight

on Wed, Nov 4th at 9:30am in Plant and Soil Sciences Bldg, Rm 271

The focus of the researchers is on the human microbiome, but they use
tools and address challenges in any metagenomic microbial community
analysis.  We can discuss currently available tools mentioned in the paper
and some of their strengths and weaknesses, as well as what kinds of
analyses and tools we think still need to be developed.

Hope to see you next Wednesday!

-Tracy