[khmer] slice-reads-by-coverage.py on PE data question

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Jun 5 07:14:11 PDT 2015

I have used split-paired-reads.py for this purpose when normalizing PE reads, I assume it should work the same here.

chris

On Jun 5, 2015, at 8:38 AM, Diane Hatziioanou <dianehioanou at gmail.com<mailto:dianehioanou at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hello all again,

I have a question.
I want to use the slice-reads-by-coverage.py but I've got PE data which I would like to keep as PE data. Is slice-reads-by-coverage.py able to deal with interleaved PE data and keep it PE, can it manage it in another format or am I asking for too much and would have to use single ends and try pairing them back after its done?

Thanks,
Diane

--
Dr Diane Hatziioanou