[khmer] the khmer project v0.7.1 is released
Michael R. Crusoe
mcrusoe at msu.edu
Tue Nov 19 13:23:52 PST 2013
I am happy to announce version v0.7.1 of khmer. It is identical to v0.7
except that it properly installs. Thanks go to Dylan Bodington
@TheIcemanBoreth for quick reporting of the problem with v0.7.
Here's the changelog:
* New script: sample-reads-randomly.py which does a single pass random
subsample using reservoir sampling.
* the version number is now only stored in one place
* Makefile: new dist, cppcheck, pep8, and autopep8 targets for developers.
VERSION is now set by versioneer and exported to C/C++ code.
* README switched from MarkDown to ReStructuredText format to clean up PyPI
listing. Install count badge added.
* doc/: updates to how the scripts are called. Sphinx now pulls version
number from versioneer. C/Python integration is now partially documented.
Reference to bleeding-edge has been removed. Release instructions have been
clarified and simplified.
* all python code in khmer/, scripts/, and tests/ should be PEP8 compliant
* khmer/_khmermodule.cc has gotten a once-over with cpychecker. Type errors
were eliminated and the error checking has improved.
* Several fixes motivated by the results of a Coverity C/C++ scan.
* Tests that require greater than 0.5 gigabytes of memory are now annotated
being 'highmem' and can be skipped by changing two lines in setup.cfg
* warnings about -Wstrict-prototypes will no longer appear
* contributors to this release are: ctb, mr-c and cswelcher.
Michael R. Crusoe: Software Engineer and Bioinformatician mcrusoe at msu.edu
@ the Genomics, Evolution, and Development lab; Michigan State University
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the khmer