[khmer] Metagenomics: richness and evenness

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Thu May 30 20:41:49 PDT 2013

Eric, thanks, good point!  I was going to respond with "not really" and
leave it at that :).

Upon reflection, I'm not sure partitions will work directly, though.  Things
like 16s, other conserved genes, and repeats break up partitions, so you
tend to get multiple partitions per species.

When we've thought about this, we've mostly discussed finding specific core
genes that are likely to be present in everything, and then separating by DNA
sequence.  The Xander tool might be one way to sensitively extract the core
genes; Jordan, care to comment?

cheers,
--titus