[khmer] Use diginorm to delete identical reads

cy_jiang cy_jiang at 126.com
Sun Aug 4 23:38:35 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am wondering if I can use diginorm to remove identical reads from my dataset.

Precisely, I got paired-end reads of length 100bp. I first interleaved the reads into one file, then ran diginorm with -k 100 -C 1 -x 7.2e9 -N 4. Then the following information prompted up:
python: ktable.cc:21: khmer::HashIntoType khmer::_hash(const char*, khmer::WordLength, khmer::HashIntoType&, khmer::HashIntoType&): Assertion `k <= sizeof(HashIntoType)*4' failed.
What did this exactly mean? Is there anything I can do to achieve the goal?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel