[khmer] filter-below-abund.py fastq scores from previous file

Jens-Konrad Preem jpreem at ut.ee
Wed Apr 10 05:13:52 PDT 2013

Hi,
I have just a quick question. Filter-below-abund takes a fastq file and
outputs a fasta file.
Can I make use of a Perl script that would take the names from the
resulting file and add the quality scores from the previous file. As I
understand nothing happens to the names or sequences - some of them just
get culled.

I want to try out the normalized data with some paired end reads
assemblers that use quality scores/fastq files.
I think its easier for me to write such Perl script than to modify
filter-below-abund.py to output fastq.

Not much of a python guy - though it seems that there shouldn't be too
much work on replacing screed.fasta with screed.fastq etc., but I find
it is quite often easier to write a few lines than to parse what someone
else wrote and why and then try to modify it :D.

Jens-Konrad Preem, MSc., University of Tartu