[ged] Scheduling GED Journal Club

Jason Pell jason.pell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 09:23:20 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

The journal club format is going to be changed a bit this year as discussed
during lab meeting.

First, we will have 3 bioinformatics/metagenomics journal clubs for every 1
developmental biology/genomics journal clubs. Second, we will only meet
every other week as opposed to every week.

Titus has given me a list of topics for each speaker to choose from (except
the post-docs, who can present whatever they would like). When you present,
you will need to give an introduction to the topic/theme (essentially a
literature review), and then go on to present a recent paper. Like last
year, please send out the paper title, abstract, and a link to the paper a
week before you present. Since we aren't meeting as often (and thus you will
be presenting less often), please take the presentation seriously. We would
like to make it a more formal event and invite more people to join us.

When you get a chance, please indicate your availability using the
WhenIsGood below. Since there are quite a few of us, please be generous in
when you can make it (not liking to get up early is not a good excuse :). I
will present at the first journal club, and then from there we can try to
come up with a good rotation.

http://whenisgood.net/n2r9ct4 <http://www.whenisgood.net/n2r9ct4>

Thanks everyone!
Jason