No subject

Mon Feb 16 14:22:11 PST 2004

talking about studies of the evolution of morphology and
behaviour in real animals. Sadly the talk didn't really
cover this at all, but does anyone know of any other work
from the biological literature of relevance to this topic?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Taylor_________________________________________________________
Artificial Life Research Associate, IC-CAVE (http://www.iccave.com)
University of Abertay Dundee, Bell Street, Dundee DD1 1HG, Scotland
mailto:tim.taylor at abertay.ac.uk             tel. +44-(0)1382-308959
http://computing.tay.ac.uk/timtaylor/       fax. +44-(0)1382-308627

Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:16:24 -0800
From: Chris Leger <cleger at telerobotics.jpl.nasa.gov>
To: ec2m-list at alife.org
Subject: [ec2m] Re: ec2m-list digest, Vol 1 #1 - 12 msgs
Sender: ec2m-list-admin at alife.org

Message: 12
From: "Taylor, Tim" <T.Taylor at mail1.tay.ac.uk>
To: "'ec2m-list at alife.org'" <ec2m-list at alife.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:41:51 -0000
charset="iso-8859-1"
> Subject: [ec2m] Recent work in EC2M?
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently writing a review paper of recent work in
> evolving morphologies and controllers. Apart from
> Sims' and Ventrella's work, I've also cited recent
> publications by Komosinski et al (Framsticks), Hod Lipson
> and Jordan Pollack, Josh Bongard, and Tom Ray.
> (I've also mentioned work with evolving controllers
> for fixed and parameterized morphologies, but this is
> not the main focus of the paper.) Does anyone know of any
> other *published* work on *evolving* controllers *and*
> morphologies for real or virtual creatures?

Ah, an opportunity to plug my own work :)  My work (Darwin2K)
has focused more on the evolution of morphologies than on
controllers, but includes some controller optimization in
the evolutionary process.  The main goal is a practical
system for automated design for robotics, rather than
investigating artificial life issues.

See http://www.darwin2k.com for information on the system
(you can download it too; it's free), and
http://www.darwin2k.com/chris/papers/
for some publications.

Chris

--
[ Chris Leger               cleger at robotics.jpl.nasa.gov ]
[ Phone: (818) 393-4462     Fax: (818) 393-3254          ]