[dib-training] [dtemplelang at ucdavis.edu: [datascience-announce] HackerWithing meeting tomorrow]

C. Titus Brown ctbrown at ucdavis.edu
Wed Feb 10 09:32:08 PST 2016

----- Forwarded message from Duncan Temple Lang <dtemplelang at ucdavis.edu> -----

To: datascience-announce at ucdavis.edu
From: Duncan Temple Lang <dtemplelang at ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 09:26:15 -0800
Subject: [datascience-announce] HackerWithing meeting tomorrow

-UID: 848671

The next Hacker Within meetup topic is on "Git Internals" where Mike Hannon will lead us through a tutorial to explore what makes Git tick. See:

http://www.thehackerwithin.org/davis/posts/git-internals

for the info. This will be updated over the next week. Be sure to bring your laptop with the recommend software installed.

We still need a few lightning talk topics! These are just quick 5 minute presentations to introduce a tool, a problem, or whatever you think is relevant. Please email me if you'd like to share for the lightning talks.

When: Thursday February 11th @ 5:10pm
Where: Data Science Initiative Classroom in Room 360 of the Shields Library

Format: 1 hr tutorial, several 5 minute lightning talks, hacking session till people get bored

General Info: http://www.thehackerwithin.org/davis/
--
Director, Data Sciences Initiative, UC Davis
Professor, Dept. of Statistics, UC

C. Titus Brown, ctbrown at ucdavis.edu