[data-carpentry-discuss] gh-pages / html pages for DC materials

Aleksandra Pawlik a.pawlik at software.ac.uk
Fri Apr 3 14:26:30 PDT 2015

Hi,

I've actually done some rough gh-pages styling for the workshops I've run.
It was very basic as I just didn't have time. It mimics SWC.
https://github.com/apawlik/2014-11-27-elixiruk-manchester

I don't know if there is a way of syncing master with gh-pages in some
automated way.
So far having just gh-pages for SWC lessons seems to be working fine.
Anyways updates on the materials are done through PRs.
I do like the nice layout rather than showing people markdown in GH.
However, it might be because I link the lessons to the workshop pages as
most attendees often ask me if they could get the copy of the materials.

So I'd be keen to keep gh-pages only

Cheers
Aleksandra

Training Leader
The Software Sustainability Institute
w: www.software.ac.uk
t: @aleksandrana | @SoftwareSaved

Sent from mobile, apologies for typos and weird formatting.