[cse891] topics for the next few weeks

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Thu Mar 18 09:21:01 PDT 2010

Hi all,

after today, we have 12 classes remaining.

3/23 (Tu)  - synthetic bio
3/25 (Th)  - synthetic bio

3/30 (Tu)
4/1 (Th)

4/6 (Tu)
4/8 (Th)

4/13 (Tu)
4/15 (Th)

4/20 (Tu)
4/22 (Th)

4/27 (Tu)
4/29 (Th)

I'd like to cover the following bio topics in the last 10 classes:

next-gen sequencing technology (Illumina, ABI SOLiD, Pac Bio)
sequencing mRNA

and the following computational topics:

next-gen sequencing bioinformatics (mapping, assembly)
gene networks and motif finding
non-coding RNA (basics, and finding)

** Could those of you who have yet to present please drop me a note by next
Tuesday about your preferences?  It can be as simple as "computation" or "bio",
or a more specific preference.

If you've already sent me a paper (Shohreh and Sherine) then you don't
need to tell me what your preference is :)

thanks,
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu