[cse491] not recieving emails from spambot

Joe Amenta amentajo at msu.edu
Mon Sep 28 14:14:06 PDT 2009

Tim,

I sent a test e-mail using teckla.idyll.org and my known working send-email
program to mille449 at cse491.msu.idyll.org which should forward to whatever
you do with your msu.edu e-mail.  Check your Spam folder if you do not see
it in your Inbox... I know that GMail's spam filter frowns upon e-mails
without certain headers, or from unverified sources.

If you do see the e-mail, then double-check that your send-email program is
doing everything right.  Double-check that the server accepted all of your
"MAIL FROM" and "RCPT TO" commands, using print statements and what not.

Let me know if you're still having problems after checking Spam and all the
server's responses to your commands.

--Joe