[cse491] Example Code Fail

Owen Pierce opierce at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 15:29:47 PDT 2009

Working from home.  I'm marginally more successful on my desktop - I can
connect to 'teckla.idyll.org' port 25, but I still can't do anything with
the connection.  See below:

>>> sock.recv(4096)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#15>", line 1, in <module>
    sock.recv(4096)
error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the
remote host

Is there a good way to circumvent the connection block?  The Google talks
about iptables when I ask about the issue.

Owen