[cse491] cse491 homework question

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Sun Sep 13 08:42:37 PDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 11:13:35AM -0400, Joe Amenta wrote:
-> Your script does not print an extra newline after "Content-Type:
-> text/html".  It should look like one of these:
->
-> print "Content-Type: text/html\n"
->
-> or
->
-> print "Content-Type: text/html"
-> print

Thanks, Joe!

Here's a tip for everyone -- start with a functioning script!  I tried
to lay this homework out so that you could move from something that was
functioning (hello.cgi) to something that did something interesting.

That way, you can isolate the problem much more easily.  If hello.cgi
deosn't work, it's a config or permissions problem.  If it does work and
your modifications don't work... guess where the problem must lie? ;)

--titus

-> > hello, professor
-> >
-> > when i try to run cgi script via the Web,
-> > it gives me internal server error.
-> > can you give me some assistance here?
-> >
-> > thanks
-> >
-> > Jun Lee