[cse491] how to use form.html

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Thu Sep 10 17:57:51 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 08:26:06PM -0400, Ryan Kelly wrote:
-> 	Question about the homework. In order to test the interaction
-> 	between  the cgi script and the form and thereby get some test data, where
-> should we put the html file? It doesn't load from your link and
-> obviously we need to change "USER" in the form tag to our user name.
-> putting it in our arctic account doesn't load and under cgi-user I'm
-> getting an internal server error. Thanks

Hi Ryan,

you can put it on your local machine (laptop or desktop) and run it from
there; or you can put it in your ~/web/ directory on arctic.

Make sure to chmod a+r it in your ~/web/ directory, and make sure that
the ~/web/ directory itself is chmod a+rx.  Lisa already ran into this
;)

I'll talk about permissions a bit more next week.

cheers,
--t
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu