[cse491] few questions

Steve Wakeford wakeford at msu.edu
Wed Oct 28 18:07:41 PDT 2009

I am a little stumped as to why the Blocking server is instantiated in
the hw7 tests with

server = webserve.Server(8000, app)

but the Non-blocking server is instantiated with

server = webserve_nb.NonblockingServer('', hello_app)

Notice the first argument is an integer in the former and a string in
the latter. Is it just me or am I missing something? How do we deal with
this (for non-blocking) since the port should be dynamically passed in
upon instantiation from a command line argument?

My goal is to subclass the Blocking server and only to override its
__init__() and serve_forever() methods. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Steve