[cse491] reading complete requests

Tim Miller mille449 at msu.edu
Fri Oct 2 14:58:41 PDT 2009

Titus,

In the assignment for hw4 you specify:

The server should respond to both GET and POST requests, and should
read and ignore any GET query strings and POST data.

However in your example code you have a line that looks like this:

if '\r\n\r\n' in data_so_far:  # complete GET request - respond & close

If I understand correctly, the server would stop receiving after the
first '\r\n\r\n' and would not read the POST data, so how do I read
until the request is complete, assuming there is no Content-Length
header?  Also, how are GET query strings specified again?  I can't
seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks

--Tim