[cse491] this homework thing...

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Sun Nov 29 18:45:18 PST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 08:25:00PM -0500, Ryan Kelly wrote:
> Hey Titus,
> 	I'm having problems visualizing exactly what you want us to be doing for this homework assignment... Let me see if I have this correct. Instead of checking login information in the python function login_page, you want it to be done in a javascript that will append "Sorry you suck at logging in" if they don't enter a valid user/pass and otherwise add the cookie and log them in. And you want us to get this information from an XML document that is assumedly appended to from the registration function. but at the same time you don't want those to be real user/passes because we can't trust the user. Am I getting close to what needs to be done? Thanks,

Hi Ryan,

"Instead of checking..." -- yes.

The other details are up to you.  It sounds like you're thinking of sending
a list of users back from the server to the browser; instead, think about
writing a javascript function that takes username & password and queries the
server to find out if that username and password are a valid combination.

Does that make more sense?

C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu