[cse491] On putting absolute paths in your code

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Mon Nov 23 19:16:09 PST 2009

I would really, really appreciate it if you could avoid hard-coding
paths into your code -- e.g. several of you have been putting

   file_server = FileServer('/user/nermal/cse491/trunk/templates')

into your code.  You can just do

   templates_path = os.path.abspath('./templates')
   file_server = FileServer(templates_path)

If you put hard-coded paths in it makes life difficult for me when I
download your code to run it on my own computers...

thanks,
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu