[cse491] Our last six weeks!

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Tue Nov 3 08:51:12 PST 2009

Alas, our remaining time together is short.  Whatever shall we do?

(You don't have to read this.  But I am looking for feedback, if you have any:
big projects due in other classes, for example?)

Here is a brief description of the topics for the remaining 6 weeks of the
term.  Comments, thoughts, etc. welcome, in class or in person.

C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu

---

Week 10 (11/3, 11/5)
--------------------

Lecture: JavaScript; cookies; message board design.

Lab: cookies; JavaScript and JQuery; message board stuff; twill, figleaf

HW: svn hygiene; fix tests, test FileServer, use figleaf; twill tests;
    jinja2 re-factor (?)

Week 11 (11/10, 11/12)
----------------------

Lecture: identity within a site (login + cookies), across sites (OpenID);
         AJAX

Lab: chat server implementation, breakdown; Selenium testing.

HW: cookies implementation, message board backend, Selenium tests.

Week 12 (11/17, 11/19)
----------------------

Lecture: persistence, persistent state, multiprocessing

Lab: multiprocessing

HW: persistence for identity & message board data; simple multiprocessing.

NOTE: project discussion, description, start?

Week 13 (11/24; no 11/26 class -- Thanksgiving!)

Lecture, lab: databases and SQL databases

HW: (due 12/8, two weeks) SQL databases and data persistence

Week 14 (12/1, 12/3)

Lecture: frameworks (Quixote, Django)

Lab: frameworks; JavaScript UI (JQuery UI, or ExtJS); OR mapping

no HW.

Week 15 (12/8, 12/10 -- when I turn Older!)

Lecture: security, identity, SSL; the MiG-in-the-middle attack

Lab: XSS, XSRF demonstrations.

no HW.

Finals week: PIZZZZZZZZZA!