[cse491] [udpa at egr.msu.edu: University Equipment Use Policy]

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Thu Dec 3 11:16:44 PST 2009

You know who you are.

----- Forwarded message from Satish Udpa <udpa at egr.msu.edu> -----

Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 14:07:22 -0500
From: Satish Udpa <udpa at egr.msu.edu>
To: eng_all at egr.msu.edu
Cc: "Curry, Terry" <THCurry at msu.edu>, "Zayko, Kristine" <UGC13 at ugc.msu.edu>
Subject: University Equipment Use Policy

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to remind you that it is the policy of the College of
Engineering that University equipment may not be used to view or
disseminate pornographic or sexually explicit materials.  While incidental
personal use of University property is generally permissible, employees may
face disciplinary action for the unauthorized use of University computers
and/or other equipment, including viewing or disseminating such materials.
I am requesting all units of the College to turn over computers and/or
other equipment to MSU Police for investigation if they determine  that the
equipment contains potentially illegal materials.  If you have any
questions about the appropriate use of University computers and other
equipment, please contact my office.

I appreciate your support and cooperation in implementing this policy.

With warm regards,

Satish Udpa

----- End forwarded message -----

C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu