[cse491] proj5 handle and delegate

Alex Nolley nolleyal at msu.edu
Sat Sep 27 13:26:45 PDT 2008

I have a question regarding the structure of the delegate function. Delegate
has the following structure:
delegate(request_type, path, received_headers, GET_data, POST_data) where
GET_ and POST_ data will be the dictionary of key, value pairs returned by
parse_qs(). Why do we need two variables for this? Couldn't we just use one
variable like 'qs_dict' that takes the place of both GET_data and POST_data?
To me it seems like the only instance where it would be useful to have both
variables is if the client somehow returned both GET and POST data in one
request. Is this even possible?

Thanks,
Alex