[cse491] HW #1 is graded

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Fri Sep 5 23:11:06 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I finished grading HW #1.  If you do an 'svn update' (UNIX), 'update'
via TortoiseSVN, or just look at your homework1.py file on the Web,
your grade will be on the first line of the latest revision of
homework/homework1.py.

Attached, find my solutions to homework1.  Those of you came up with
more concise and cleaner solutions (there were several) should feel
particularly happy with yourself ;).

The grades are out of a possible best score of 5, and I indicated where
points were taken off in the file with an '@CTB' comment.  I also put
'@CTB' comments in to places where there was unnecessary code or "bad"
code.

** Please go through your homework1 file and fix the code that doesn't work
** (i.e. doesn't pass the tests) and also fix any code that I've commented
** negatively.  Then commit those changes; I'll take a look at it again as
** part of HW #2.

Note that your HW #1 code also needs to pass these tests:

	http://ged.msu.edu/courses/2008-fall-cse-491/hw-1-tests.txt

by Tuesday at class.

On Tuesday I'll go over some of the solutions that people came up with.

cheers,
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu