[cse491] Homework 2

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Wed Sep 3 12:36:25 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 03:34:37PM -0400, Eric Henry wrote:
-> Professor Brown,Why do our homework 2 python scripts have a dash in them?  I
-> thought it was improper to use dashes in the filename since you can't import
-> them, and the files should be valid python identifiers (which also cannot
-> include a dash).
->
-> What's up?

good question!

Scripts (programs that don't need to be imported, but are instead run by
using 'python <scriptfile>' on the command line) don't need to be
importable.  So, putting a dash in the filename is one way that I
personally signify that a program is a script rather than a library
module.

--t
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu