[cse491] distributed version control

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Mon Sep 1 18:05:34 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 03:25:23PM -0400, Kaben Nanlohy wrote:
-> May we discuss optional use of git for version control?
->
-> I like git because it lets me commit changes when I have no net connection.
->
-> Anyone who uses it for this course would have to take care to push
-> their local commits back to the main repository whenever they have the
-> chance.

I'm happy to allow git along with svn.  I still haven't figured out
exactly how I would want you to submit HW through git, but it will
probably involve an account with a directory to which we both have
access -- you to write/push, me to read/pull.

cheers,
--t
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu