[cse491] Locking error

Alex Nolley nolleyal at msu.edu
Sat Oct 18 15:59:48 PDT 2008

Hey I keep getting the error 'database is locked' when I run the tests. This
occurs on line 540 of the webserve-test.py file. When I open a python
interactive terminal and run each command through it:

import webserve

conn = webserve.conn

c = conn.cursor()

c.execute("DELETE FROM users WHERE username='foo'")

I get the same error, so whatever the error is, it isn't related to a
previous test being run. I created the conn object directly under the import
statements like so:

conn = sqlite3.connect('webserve-info.db')

and I have a feeling this is related to the error but I don't know why. Does
anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Alex