[cse491] [hamugoroshi at gmail.com: AppEngine Hack-a-thon at the Ann Arbor Google office 11/17]

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Mon Nov 3 20:53:38 PST 2008

----- Forwarded message from Matt Simmons <hamugoroshi at gmail.com> -----

From: Matt Simmons <hamugoroshi at gmail.com>
To: si.all.open at umich.edu, michipug at googlegroups.com, pythonsig at umich.edu
Subject: AppEngine Hack-a-thon at the Ann Arbor Google office 11/17

Hello all,

If you are not interested in learning about AppEngine feel free to
move on to the next email.

The Michigan Python Users group in conjunction with Google are happy
to present: Google App Engine Hack-a-thon: Ann Arbor

What: An App Engine developer event for Google App Engine!

    * Learn about Google App Engine: We will have talks on the major
features of Google App Engine at different points throughout the day.
We will run through developing an app with the SDK and show you how to
deploy and manage applications on Google App Engine.

    * Build With Us, or Build Your Own: You are welcome to bring along
anything you can prepare ahead of time (sketches, designs, web page
mock ups, etc.) and use the time and information provided to develop
your idea into a working application, then share it with the world.
Or, you can code along with us in building a Google App Engine
application from start to finish.

Who: You! Your ideas and your enthusiasm complete the mix. We will
assume some basic skills and preparation for the event, including an
existing knowledge of the Python programming language. We'll provide
power, copies of the SDK, and an awesome ambiance. Just bring yourself
and your laptop. Some light snacks and beverages will be available, as
will a pizza lunch. If you decide to bring extra food, please make
sure it is computer friendly. :)

When: Monday Nov 17th, 2008 10AM-6PM

Where: Google's Ann Arbor Office: 201 S. Division St. Ann Arbor, MI 48104

You can read more about previous hack-a-thons at the AppEngine blog
(http://googleappengine.blogspot.com)

RSVP for the Ann Arbor event with the link below.
http://hackathon.appspot.com/index.html?event=agloYWNrYXRob25yDAsSBUV2ZW50GLw2DA

Looking forward to seeing you there!