[cwn] Attn: Development Editor, Latest OCaml Weekly News

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Tue May 10 05:30:56 PDT 2022

Hello

Here is the latest OCaml Weekly News, for the week of May 03 to 10,
2022.

Table of Contents
─────────────────

Multicore OCaml: March 2022
Old CWN

Multicore OCaml: March 2022
═══════════════════════════

  Archive:
  <https://discuss.ocaml.org/t/multicore-ocaml-march-2022/9692/3>

Deep in this threal, KC Sivaramakrishnan announced
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

  The benchmarks from the "Retrofitting Effect handlers to OCaml" PLDI
  2022 paper (<https://arxiv.org/abs/2104.00250>) is available here:
  <https://github.com/prismlab/retro-concurrency/tree/master/bench>. See
  sections 6.2 and 6.3 in the paper.

He later added
──────────────

  I've moved the microbenchmarks alone to a separate repo:
  <https://github.com/prismlab/retro-concurrency-bench>. This repo also
  contains instructions to run the docker container that runs the
  benchmarks from the paper with the custom compiler variants.

Old CWN
═══════

  If you happen to miss a CWN, you can [send me a message] and I'll mail
  it to you, or go take a look at [the archive] or the [RSS feed of the
  archives].

  If you also wish to receive it every week by mail, you may subscribe
  [online].

  [Alan Schmitt]

[send me a message] <mailto:alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org>

[the archive] <https://alan.petitepomme.net/cwn/>