[cwn] Attn: Development Editor, Latest Caml Weekly News

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Tue Jan 19 00:59:33 PST 2010

Hello,

Here is the latest Caml Weekly News, for the week of January 12 to 19, 2010.

1) OCaml Meeting 2010 in Paris
2) C++ parser
3) Batteries Included 1.0.0
4) A syntax extension to simplify List manipulation
5) [jobs] Citrix Systems (Cambridge, UK)
6) Other Caml News

1) OCaml Meeting 2010 in Paris
Archive: <http://groups.google.com/group/fa.caml/browse_thread/thread/b69339424c173ccd#>
opened today and will be closed on Friday 2nd April 2010.

As last year, participants are invited to give a talk on what they are
doing with OCaml, submit a description of your talk on the wiki or
contact me.

The meeting is sponsored by INRIA CAML Consortium and OCamlCore.
Participation for lunch is covered by the Consortium, you just need to
subscribe. The facility can only host 80 people, so we will have to
filter the list of participants if there are more people. We will give
priority to people giving a talk and coming from abroad.

Volunteers to help before/during the event can contact me directly. We
are particularly looking for a video team. You can also forward this
invitation to any groups that can be interested in (Haskell user group,
CUFP mailing list...)

Further information:
<http://wiki.cocan.org/events/europe/ocamlmeetingparis2010>

For people who need further information, you can contact me (see
wiki.cocan.org for contact details).

The day after OCaml Meeting, Mehdi Dogguy from PPS helps me to organize
an informal day where OCaml teams can meet to work. There will be
internet access and a blackboard in each room. We will have 2 classrooms
(each classroom can host 45 persons). Inscription will is free, stay
tuned.

2) C++ parser
Archive: <http://groups.google.com/group/fa.caml/browse_thread/thread/c095df26d271bafe#>
** Kihong Heo asked and Yoann Padioleau replied:

> Is there anybody knowing about existing C++ parser that is not so big?
>
> I've already know EDG and ELSA.
> But they are so big and hard to see.
> I don't want a perfect C++ parser.
> If it can parse common and simple C++, that's OK.

There is one here:
 <http://padator.org/software/project-yacfe/yacfe-light-0.3.tgz>
but it's not really complete.
Once built, you can test it with
 ./yacfe -parse_c++  foo.cpp

** Guillaume Yziquel suggested and Yoann Padioleau replied: